We’ve talked about our sponsor Plant It Forward before when Jessica and her family fell in love with their farms back in the summer, and we can understand why.
Here’s why we love Plant It Forward so much…
- They offer a popular Farm Share membership program. Each subscription purchased allows for a refugee farmer to get closer to earning a living wage.
- They’re growing a greener Houston. All produce is grown within the city limits.
- They offer the freshest produce available in Houston. Their produce is harvested the day before it’s delivered and sometimes even the day of.
- They do not use chemicals, pesticides, and GMOs.
- The farmers are refugees, many of whom have fled their homelands to avoid violence and persecution, to come here seeking the American Dream. These farmers must have had prior farming experience or have completed an extensive year long training here. Supporting Plant It Forward means supporting these refugees and helping them become self-sufficient entrepreneurs who can then support themselves and their families.
- And did we mention that we love their Farm Share program?
Plant it Forward is now accepting new memberships for their Farm Share program. Farm Sharing allows for a direct partnership between us, the consumers, and the farmer and translates into fresh harvested produce each week! Early bird pricing will end on December 15th with December 26th being the deadline, and they do offer payment plans! The specifics of a Farm Share can be found here. It’s a terrific value and will provide a family of 3-5 with 6-8 vegetables and/or herbs for one week. Plus, it in turn helps provide for another family — the farmer’s family.
How cool would it be to have a Plant It Forward farm in every neighborhood? That’s their goal, but they can only achieve that goal by Houstonians, like us and you, supporting them.
Purchase a Farm Share Membership today to guarantee your space in the 2015 program!
Still not convinced – but wanting to try it, then you’re in luck. Plant It Forward is celebrating the holidays with a holiday special. For a limited time, Plant It Forward is offering a 5-week Farm Share option for just $135, and it includes a Plant It Forward tote bag and gift certificate for under the tree.
Need a little bit more convincing? Well, thanks to the amazing people behind Plant It Forward, not just one…but TWO moms will be winning a bag of organic, freshly harvested produce so they can try it out themselves. Just enter in using the Rafflecopter below, and then come back every day for more entries!
Winners :: Danielle D. & Tamber S.
Thank you, Plant It Forward, for letting us at Houston Moms Blog be part of the greatness you are creating in Houston!
If you represent a local business and are interested in participating in one of our sponsored giveaways, please contact our sponsorship coordinator for current pricing and availability. We would love to partner with you to giveaway your product or provide your service to one lucky local mom!