Hello, Houston Moms Blog Readers! My name is Meg, and I am so happy to be a contributor here! (Said in my best teacher voice.) Today you’re going to learn all about me!
[typography font=”Satisfy” size=”28″ size_format=”px” color=”#f4024f”]A[/typography] ll About Me :: (The Random Edition)
- I can do a seagull impersonation. Maybe if you see me I will perform it for you.
- I have really weird double-jointed elbows.
- I’m left-handed. Left-handed people are way cooler and smarter in my book.
- I will try any food ever and haven’t met many foods I don’t care for. Mushrooms are one of those.
- My daughter, Kennedy, has a coloboma of the iris. Basically, it’s an extremely rare birth mark that makes the pupil appear keyhole-shaped. You can read more about that on this article.
- My organization skills are really weird. Walk into my fridge or pantry, and I have it perfectly organized. But look at my email inbox, and I have 200 unread emails. To my defense, most of those are just promotional emails though.
- I only like the fancy, super soft toilet paper. My husband just doesn’t get it. Dudes never will.
- I’ve had an appearance on national television on the show Deals. You can actually watch that here, if you fancy!
- You do not even want to know much much makeup, particularly eyeshadow palettes, are in my possession. I guess that comes with the territory of being a self-proclaimed beauty guru.
- Being a working mom is a tough job. Oftentimes, you are not only working out of the home many hours out of the day, but you are also doing a lot of the jobs that stay at home moms do too. Anyone else out there a working mom and can sympathize?
[typography font=”Satisfy” size=”28″ size_format=”px” color=”#f4024f”]B[/typography] est Thing About Houston ::
Two things: the food and the arts. You can eat literally anything you are craving – from Tex-Mex to Thai, from escargot to Ethiopian. I love that. I love the opportunity to try authentic, ethnic food, and restaurants that are locally owned and operated. I am all for supporting local businesses and restaurants. My favorite restaurants in Houston are Brennan’s, Mark’s, and Max’s Wine Dive. As far as the arts go, we live in an amazing city with the opportunity to be exposed to incredible performing and visual arts. Since I am an arts educator, I find it extremely important for you to keep well-rounded. What’s even better is that you can take advantage of many of these opportunities for free! Go catch a show at the Miller Outdoor Theatre or check out the Menil Collection, both of which are free.
[typography font=”Satisfy” size=”28″ size_format=”px” color=”#f4024f”]C[/typography] hild of Mine ::
Miss Kennedy. A sassy 21 months. Born December 17, 2011. Lover of yogurt, Minnie Mouse, Bubble Guppies, Dexter (our cat), and playground slides. Her favorite books are Goodnight Boston, Hello, Cape Cod (my husband is from Massachusetts, what can I say?) and Barnyard Dance. This child is incredibly intuitive, sugary sweet, and has the most precious sense of humor. She is extremely talkative and spits out sentences like it’s no big deal. She also was the star of my sister’s wedding (aside from my sister, of course) as the flower girl. She walked down that aisle like a champ (see below).
Again, I am so happy to be a contributor here at Houston Moms Blog! If you care to stalk, I mean, get to know me some more, you can always check out my blog at Meg O. on the Go!
My elbows are weirdly double jointed too! And I seriously love that pic of you and K from your sister’s wedding! Two gorgeous girls!
We are freaks of nature! And it’s cool.
YAY LEFT HANDEDERS!!!
We are the best. And smartest.
Maybe you need to teach me about eyeshadow. This will probably freak you out – but I NEVER wear eye shadow. Never really have except for special occasions (prom, wedding), ha! I feel like it doesn’t look good on me and I don’t know how to do it. I always admire other people (like you!) who can put it on so nicely. But maybe it is better this way…at least I am saving money 🙂
That doesn’t freak me out at all! I think people do what works best for them, and that’s great!! It is overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re doing. Haha, yes, you are totally saving a lot of money!! Maybe one day we can have a HMB makeup party! 🙂
Jana I am the same way! I feel like a clown when I wear it! Teach us your ways Meg!
Giiiiirl, any day! You know!! I LOVE doing everyone’s makeup!
I always wanted to be a left-hander because I thought they were smarter lol
Haha! We totally are. Or at least I would like to tell myself that 🙂
Raising my hand on being a working Mom- it’s a tough gig! Kennedy is Adorableness!
Power to the working moms! We are a special breed 🙂
Awesome post Meg! I look forward to getting to know you more…and hearing your seagull impression! Love your blog too!!!
Thank you, Chelsea! I’ve enjoyed getting to know you, too! 🙂
I definitely expect to see this seagull impersonation and I have double jointed shoulders! Love that I can call you friend! I mean you are alright! 🙂
Haha I will perform it for you! Heart you girlfriend!
I owe you a thank you — the Anastasia brow pencil that I just discovered because of you is the bomb! Look forward to more posts!
Oh yay! I’m so glad you love it!! It’s seriously the best eyebrow pencil I’ve ever found and lasts forever.
If you don’t do a seagull impression the next time I see you, we can’t be friends anymore.
When you are ready to retire from teaching and I win the lottery I will hire you to do my daily makeup ok? K is so cute!