Well. What a year it has been. Obviously when 2020 began none of us could have anticipated what was coming our way. But even in the mess, the chaos, the sadness and despair, there have been bright lights. For me personally, one that shined and kept me afloat was this Houston Moms Contributor team. I am forever thankful that prior to pandemic we were able to have a 2 day retreat to East Texas, which cemented our bond during these incredibly tough months. And through all of their personal hardships, they showed up month after month after month to provide YOU with amazing content.
I’ve been a part of Houston Moms for 7 years, and co-owner for 3 years. I’ve read literally thousands of pieces we’ve published on this very site but this year, even during these dark times, THIS has been the year of my favorite content we’ve ever put out. I am so proud of each of these ladies and their hearts for this community, this space. Thank you will never be enough.
To you, our dear readers, who show up day after day, month after month to read our content, laugh with us, cry alongside us, pivot as we pivot… we are incredibly grateful. We are nothing without you and it is our pledge to continue to serve you well in 2021.
Without further adieu, our top 10 posts of 2020… we hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane!
10. Ugochi E. – Tiny Eyes, Big Mistakes:: Talking to Kids about the Astros Cheating Scheme
9. Ashley B. – Quarantine Activities:: Laundry Stripping
8. Dana B. – The Itch That Saved My Baby’s Life
7. Joi B. A Tale of Swabs and Swirls:: My Adventure in Covid 19 Testing
6. Ashley B. Why We Sent Our Toddler Back to Preschool in the Midst of a Pandemic
5. Lauren M. – 10 Ways to Entertain Toddlers and Preschoolers During the Coronavirus Quarantine
4. Elizabeth B. – Becoming Sex Positive in a Culture of Shame
3. Guest Blogger Darwin Tanksley – I’m Not Dangerous:: The Reality of Being a Black Man in America
2. Joi B.– Teacher Appreciation 2020:: The Quarantine Edition
1. Elizabeth B. – Hamilton for Beginners:: A Preparation Guide for the Disney+ Release