Now that January is in full swing, it’s time to start making plans for the coming weeks and months. There’s the start of a new school semester, spring sports and activities, and Spring Break plans to make. In order for our kids to be able to fully participate in all the fun activities coming up, we need to make sure they can do so safely. The best way to protect our kids and everyone in our families is to get them vaccinated against COVID-19. COVID vaccines are safe, and now everyone ages 5 and older can get a vaccine.
Fortunately, in a city as large as Houston, there are many locations ready to vaccinate the whole family.
Houston Moms is proud to partner with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to share with our readers where they can get COVID vaccines for themselves and their children.
How to find a COVID Vaccine
COVID vaccines are free and easily accessible in our communities for everyone age 5 and older, regardless of health or immigration status. Here are few ways to find vaccines near you:
- Visit vaccines.gov
- Text your ZIP code to 438829 (GETVAX)
- Call 1-800-232-0233
- Talk to your health care provider or your child’s pediatrician about any other questions you may have about the COVID vaccines.
- Contact your child’s pediatrician or their school for vaccine availability. Many schools and health care providers are offering vaccine clinics to make it easier for children to get vaccinated.
Houston Area COVID Vaccine Locations
Texas Children’s Hospital is administering the Pfizer COVID vaccine to children ages 5 and older. The Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available for adults ages 18+. Make an appointment here, or visit any of the following Walk-In Clinic locations (check hours before you go):
- Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women
- Texas Children’s West Campus
- Texas Children’s Hospital-Woodlands
- Texas Children’s Urgent Care-East locations
Memorial Hermann Hospital
Memorial Hermann Hospital is administering the Pfizer COVID vaccine to people ages 5 and older. The Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available for adults ages 18+. Make an appointment here, or walk in to any of these Walk-In Clinic locations (check hours before you go)
- Memorial Hermann- Texas Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann- Memorial City Medical Center
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
- TIRR Memorial Hermann
- Neighborhood Health Center Greater Heights
- Neighborhood Health Center Northeast
- Neighborhood Health Center Southwest
Moms, let’s get our families back to uninterrupted sports, activities, and travel this year. Together, we can make our communities safe, and the best way to do this is get everyone in the family vaccinated against COVID. #WeCanDoThis